Texas Audi Group Forums  

Go Back   Texas Audi Group Forums > Motorsports > Texas Grand Prix F1
Register Today's Posts Members List Photo Gallery 2010 State Meet Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 7th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Administrator
4 Gold Rings

Send a message via AIM to S6Sputnik
Default 2015 Fiasco1

Hi guys,
I'm not sure who all went, I saw a few of you out there but since it was a little bit messy out there I figured a few of you stayed the hell away!

Here is my weekend:

Thursday: I went to the VIP Pit walk and it was worth the effort since the weather was nice and the drivers were good with the public that showed up.

Friday: We went to practice #1 and I think this ended up being the only one the public got to see!!! After the first couple of hours of dryish weather it started to rain, and after a few postponements we went home...cold and wet!!

Saturday: We went out for more punishment....it was wet and the fastest cars we saw on the track were the school buses picking up the corner workers! It was so f#CK!NG wet cars looked like they would be stuck for ever!! Thank god for prepaid parking spots!!! (Which filled up unusually fast???)

Sunday race day....they got a Qualifying session done in the rain, and then it started to dry!!!!

The race was awesome, the drivers were having fun on the track and probably also frustrated with the weather they were passing, sliding, bumping all in all the race was so good it made all the bad stuff go away mostly!!!...

Official attendance on race day was 101000 impressive considering the conditions!

Attendance was about 120000 the first year and around 110000 in 2014. I hope that the future is still bright for COTA, but with the weather and the Grand Prix of Mexico...who knows how ticket sales will be next year!!
Shawn Austin TX ACNA#1616
//95 S6 RS2//13 A6 3.0T//12 S4 3.0T
Old November 11th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Worthy of Horch, Wanderer and DKW
3 Rings

Hmm...the future doesn't look to bright according the this:

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/future...ter-1741829102

'91 Audi 200q20v
'97 Saab 900SE
'03 Saab 9-5 Linear Sportwagon
'04 Saab 9-5 Aero Sportwagon
'70 BMW 2002 (RIP)
'84 Audi 4000q (RIP)
Old November 12th, 2015, 08:53 AM
Certified Addict
4 Rings

My wife and I went with a couple friends and I have to admit it was terrible. If it wasn't for how exciting the Sunday race was, it could have been one of the worst events I have ever been to.

I know a lot can be blamed on the weather but not everything. The fact that they ran one of the few dry sessions without allowing paying ticket holders in to watch absolutely blows my mind. I paid money to come watch those cars and they wont even let me in the gate?

The vendors might be the worst part. No one was serving anything on Saturday. We were at turn 15 and had to walk almost to the main grandstand to find beer and decent food. When I say decent I am stretching the truth, the food was awful. Pathetic that most of the vendors completely closed shop when it started to rain and didn't bother showing up again all weekend.

I love the track, its the organizers that need to get their stuff together. Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks this, another CEO has been fired/resigned. What's this? Second CEO in three years?

Might leave watching F1 to my living room and just keep the money I would have spent at the event to doing a track day there. Still haven't visited COTA but plan to when I get a little more experience and a BBK.

Previous:
'04 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro - APR Stage 1+, Magnaflow Exhaust, Ultra Sport Front